Australia’s fortress, The Gabba is all set to host the fourth Test between the two teams starting from January 15. The Test match will also mark an end to what has been a brilliant series with both teams giving it their all. Heading into final Test match, India is higher on confidence having drawn the previous Test at the SCG. As a build-up to the Test match it is important to look at a few key stats which will help us in understanding who has a better chance of winning the Test match.
Here are a few key stats ahead of the final Test match at The Gabba.
1) Australia have been unbeaten at this venue since 1988. This the most important stat among all. This also highlights the team’s dominance at this venue over the years. hey have since played as many as 31 Test matches at The Gabba but have been unbeaten. They have managed 24 wins and drawn 7 games while losing none of them.
2) In 62 matches overall, the Aussies have lost just 8 at this venue. winning 40 games, drawing 13. One game ended in a tie.
Also Read: Australia vs India 2020-21: 4th Test, Brisbane- Fantasy Tips
3) India are yet to win a Test match at The Gabba. They have played six games till date at this venue failing to win even one. They came the closest in 2003 courtesy Sourav Ganguly‘s gutsy 144.
4) Nathan Lyon has picked up 35 wickets in nine games at this venue. Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins and Josh Hazelwood have taken 74 wickets between them at the Gabba.
5) No foreign batsmen in recent times has aggregated 500 runs at this venue. Alastair Cook with 443 runs is at the 23rd spot and holds the record for most Test runs in Brisbane by any overseas batsman. There is no foreign batsmen in the top 20 run-getters at this venue.
Also Read: Brett Lee Picks His Winner Of The Gabba Decider
This article is auto-generated by Algorithm Source: cricfit.com