Update, April 1, 2021 (12:05 PM ET): Today, OnePlus started rolling out yet another OnePlus 9 update. This is now the second update for the 9 and 9 Pro that’s landed before most people have even received the devices. It lands as Oxygen OS version 220.127.116.11.
Unlike the previous update, this one is chock full of fixes. Check out the changelog below, via XDA-Developers:
- Improved the charging stability to provide a better user experience
- Improved WhatsApp’s video clarity when giving video calls
- Improved the vibrating performance of games such as Call of Duty and PUBG
- Fixed the issue that the time of Last Full Charge is reset after restarting the device
- Fixed the issue that the icon showing low battery is not displayed in the status bar
- Fixed the small probability issue that the device may restart when playing games
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.03
- Updated GMS package to 2021.02
- Dark Mode
- Fixed the issue that the navigation bar of split-screen apps might not be adapted to Dark Mode
- Improved the sharpness, noise and white balance of the rear camera
- Improved the white balance performance of the front camera
- Improved the zoom performance
- Improved the camera stability
If you’ve already pre-ordered an unlocked variant of one of these phones, this update (and the previous one) should be waiting for you when you take it out of the box. If you ordered yours through T-Mobile or another carrier, you might need to wait a bit longer for the OTA notification
Welcome to the OnePlus 9 series updates hub. Here, you’ll find everything you need to know about the latest Android updates for the trio, including past and upcoming software versions.
Like previous iterations of the firm’s flagships, the OnePlus 9, 9 Pro, and 9R run on Oxygen OS, OnePlus’ Android skin. Oxygen OS is known for its relatively quick update delivery and long support, so be sure to bookmark this page and revisit often.
OnePlus 9 Pro
The OnePlus 9 Pro reaches the market with a refreshed design, a 6.7-inch AMOLED display, a Snapdragon 888 processor, and a new Hasselblad camera partnership for improved imaging.
OnePlus 9 Value for money
The OnePlus 9 builds on generations of solid performance with an improved camera setup, wireless charging, and an assortment of other high-end technologies. It’s not a cheap phone but still represents value for money.
OnePlus 9 series updates
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the OnePlus 9 get Android 12? October 2021 (Estimated)
The OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9 Pro, and OnePlus 9R were announced on March 23, 2021. While the 9 and the 9 Pro will be available in global markets, the 9R is limited to India for now. We expect to see at least two major Android updates arrive on these models — Android 12 later this year, and Android 13 following in 2022.
Read more: OnePlus 9 vs 9 Pro vs 9R: Which is right for you?
Days after the phone launched, OnePlus pushed a day-one update to the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. Dubbed Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168.LEx5DA for Indian variants and 22.214.171.124.LEx5AA/BA for global and European models, the update should be available to those who have preordered the devices. It’s clear OnePlus wants to give those who purchase the phone in week one a more refined experience.
Let us know which OnePlus 9 update you’re rocking in the comments, and if you’ve spotted an update we’ve missed, tip us!
Are you looking for another device update? Head to our general Android 11 update tracker at the link.
This article is auto-generated by Algorithm Source: www.androidauthority.com