Update: March 30, 2021 (12:54 AM ET): The OnePlus 8T is now getting the stable Oxygen OS 11.08.12 update in India and Europe, and Oxygen OS 184.108.40.206 in North America.
The latest update comes with a number of crucial fixes for the overall system, camera, and clock. It also upgrades the phone with the March Android security patch.
You can read the complete changelog below.
- Optimized the position of the EMERGENCY icon in the lock screen
- Improved the navigation gestures sensitivity during charging
- Fixed the failure issue after changing the customized font
- Fixed the issue that the Splash Screen Information Service may stop working
- Fixed the small probability issue that the language in Provision does not follow the system language
- Fixed the small probability issue that the expanded screenshot may stop working
- Fixed the small probability issue with the Recorder that the recording quality may not meet the expected result
- Fixed the issue that reusing the wrong fingerprint long press to unlock will cause a flash screen
- Fixed the small probability issue that double-tapping is abnormally triggered when typing
- Fixed the failure issue when waking the voice assistance in lock screen by swiping the icon
- Fixed the issue in which home screen time is displayed abnormally when the system language is Arabic
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.03
- Fixed the lagging issue when playing videos recorded by 4K CINE 60FPS
- Fixed the issue that the alarm clock may not ring as scheduled on workdays
As always, this OTA will be incremental. A broader rollout should start in the next few days.
Original article: October 30, 2020 (8:35 AM ET): Welcome to the OnePlus 8T updates hub. Here, you’ll find everything you need to know about the latest Android updates for the device, including past and future software versions.
Like its siblings, the OnePlus 8T runs on Oxygen OS, OnePlus’ homebaked Android skin. Oxygen OS is known for fast updates that come for a very long time, so be sure to bookmark this page and revisit often.
OnePlus 8T Better than the OnePlus 8, but still not as good as the OnePlus 8 Pro
The latest flagship from OnePlus features some relatively subtle upgrades over the OnePlus 8. However, it does feature a huge new feature: Warp Charge 65, which will allow the 8T to charge faster than any other OnePlus phone.
OnePlus 8T updates
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the OnePlus 8T get Android 12? October 2021 (estimated)
The OnePlus 8T launched on October 14, 2020, with Android 11 out-of-the-box. Like the OnePlus 8 series, we expect at least two major Android updates in the future — Android 12 in 2021, and Android 13 following in 2022.
OnePlus pushed the OnePlus 8T’s first update on October 19. Version 220.127.116.11 improved the phone’s power consumption and network connectivity. It also brought camera tweaks to the Nightscape video mode and further white balance adjustments. For customizers, the Canvas style was added to AOD options. There was also a controversial addition. The Amazon Shopping app was bundled with the update in India prompting an outcry from users. Thankfully, the app can be uninstalled relatively easily.
On October 30, 2020, OnePlus rolled out Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168 for the OnePlus 8T. It brought improvements to the phone’s power consumption. It also addressed Bluetooth latency, fixed a Gallery issue, and tackled a desktop icon problem.
On November 5, OnePlus released the Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 build for the OnePlus 8T. It included optimizations to power consumption, improvements to camera quality and stability, and a bunch of bug fixes.
In mid-November, OnePlus rolled out a hot-fix Oxygen OS update for the OnePlus 8T in India, EU, and the US. The update contained a number of optimizations for things like call stability, camera, power consumption, the alert slider, gaming, and more. It also carried several bug fixes. You can read the complete changelog here.
On November 21, OnePlus rolled out Oxygen OS 126.96.36.199 for the OnePlus 8T. The update consisted of a bunch of improvements, including better fingerprint recognition and imaging quality. OnePlus said power consumption optimizations in the update also increase the battery life of the phone. In addition, the update fixed an app cache bug and a screen flash issue. Overall system performance and stability also got a boost. You can read the complete changelog here.
OnePlus launched the Oxygen OS 188.8.131.52 update to unlocked devices around the world in late December. The biggest change with this update is the introduction of a new feature that allows you to adjust the keyboard height. This should help people have a better typing experience since they can adjust the keyboard to fit their unique needs and preferences. This update also delivered improved Nightscape image quality, improved gestures, better fingerprint unlock, and the November 2020 patch.
On March 12, 2021 OnePlus announced the first open beta for the OnePlus 8T. It brought a number of optimizations and the February security patch to the phones.
Let us know which OnePlus 8T update you’re rocking in the comments, and if you’ve spotted a recent update we’ve missed, tip us!
Are you looking for another device update? Head to our general Android 11 update tracker at the link.
This article is auto-generated by Algorithm Source: www.androidauthority.com