Three minor sisters died due to suspected food poisoning in Maharashtra’s Satara, while their mother survived, police said here on Friday. The incident has sent shock waves through the region.
Satara police have identified the deceased as 3-year-old Ayushi S. Sasve, 8-year-old Arushi and 9-year-old Aastha, who lived in Saidapur area of Karad town.
The incident occurred late on Thursday post-dinner, when the four victims of the Sasve family, the mother and her three daughters suddenly took seriously ill, complained of severe stomach-aches, cramps, started vomiting and had loose motions.
They were rushed to the nearby Krishna Hospital for treatment, but the three sisters succumbed early Friday, though the mother managed to survive.
The police are investigating the case from all angles, a team has collected samples of the food the family consumed besides questioning all the Sasve family members, neighbours, said investigating officer Rahul Warote told mediapersons.
Keep scrolling to read more news
Catch up on all the latest Crime, National, International and Hatke news here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates.
Mid-Day is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@middayinfomedialtd) and stay updated with the latest news
This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and data of the text. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever
This article is auto-generated by Algorithm Source: www.mid-day.com