Aadhaar Card is a mandatory identity proof for every citizen in India. It is a frequently used identity document across the country. It is one of the most important documents required to avail several state-provided benefits. From opening a bank account to opening a Demat account, Indians can use their Aadhaar Card as proof of identity.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has recently made a few changes in the Aadhaar card update process to make it easier for cardholders, who don’t know English, to update names and addresses in local languages.
UIDAI has now allowed cardholders to update Aadhaar Card in multiple languages such as Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, and Kannada languages. This facility is available online, offline and via post for the language change in your Aadhaar Card.
Here is the step-by-step guide to Update Aadhaar Card Details Online :
- Visit the official website of UIDAI, or click on https://uidai.gov.in/
- Update Aadhaar section will appear on the homepage, under it, click on the Update Demographic Data Online
- You will be re-directed to Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal
- Click on Proceed to Update Aadhaar, enter the 12-digit unique Aadhaar number and the Captcha security code
- Enter the details and click on the send One Time Password (OTP)
- Enter the OTP and click on – login
- Once you are logged-in, press the Update Demographics Data Button
- The page holds all the demographic data. Select your preferred regional language here
- Update the demographics in the popup and submit. Make sure your name is pronounced correctly in the local language
- Similarly, edit all the information. And before submitting the application, preview all the details
- An OTP will be sent on your registered mobile number, enter it
- Submit the fee of Rs50. Once the payment is made, the new language update request in your Aadhaar will be successfully submitted
- The update will be processed within 1-3 weeks.