WhatsApp has began rolling out the much awaited feature multi-device support for their users. With this latest functionality, both users on Android and iOS can now operate their WhatsApp account on different devices at the same time and can receive messages on their different devices even if their phone is not having an internet connection. This feature was in Beta Mode but now WhatsApp has started rolling out this feature officially.
Users can now connect up to four devices and one phone at the same time. But in this new feature the connected devices will get disconnected if the phone remain inactive for more than 14 days. WhatsApp has also updated its FAQ page with the multiple devices support feature details. WhatsApp now allow users to connect their instant messaging accounts to four different devices, including laptops or PCs.
In this functionality, Users don’t require an Internet connection in the phone to access WhatsApp on different devices. But if the phone remain inactive for more than 14 days then the WhatsApp will disconnect the user from their paired devices.
How to Link the WhatsApp to other devices:
- Click on the WhatsApp icon on your mobile and tap on the three dot menu. Then select Linked devices.
- Click on the button named “Link the device”
- Unlock your phone with Biometric authentication or any kind of security method that you are using to unlock your phone.
- Open web.whatsapp.com or WhatsApp Desktop App on your Laptop or PC.
- Scan the QR Code displayed on the screen through your phone.
After being linked, you can access WhatsApp simultaneously on different devices to send and receive messages.